Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Weekend Project

One of our goals this spring/summer is to have a successful container vegetable garden on our back deck.  This inspired me to want to build my own larger size planter to go along with a few smaller pots.  Since I'm pretty clueless when it comes to building something like this, I recruited my friend A.P. to help me out.

After about 6-7 hours of actual building time, the final product turned out great.  Note, I said actual building time.  This didn't include the almost 2 hours we spent in Home Depot trying to buy materials and keep up with Kate and his almost 4 year old daughter, Loa.  It was quite the sight.

Now, hopefully we'll be able to get some veggies to grow.  We'll post photos throughout the growing season.

Daddies and daughters hard at work.

The internal frame.

Complete planter before trim.

Finished product (not the best lighting since it was dark).

1 comment:

Katie Leipprandt said...

That is totally professional looking, I am so impressed! Keep us posted with pics of the planting and growing season!